Job Description: Client Service Agent
Title: Client Service Agent
Reports to: Personal Lines Manager
Job Summary: The Personal Lines Client Service Agent performs the essential functions of the position, which include supporting the service needs of clients. Specific service responsibilities are assigned. Marketing activity is required in this position. Meets sales, service, and quality standards adopted by the agency.
- Pre-qualifies and analyzes prospects’ personal lines coverage needs. Recommends coverages and prepares rating quotes and proposals to sell new accounts.
- Actively solicits increases in coverages or rounding out accounts through sales to clients at every service contact.
- Recommends excess and surplus coverages, as needed to meet client insurance needs. Educates clients as to coverage limitation and documents on the system.
- Completes applications for insurance and have insured sign them. Follow up to ensure timely receipt of policies and quotations.
- Actively seeks referrals from current client base to solicit for new business prospects; follow up to generate new business.
Personal Organizational Development
- At each service contract, reviews current client coverages and recommends changes in coverage and in markets, as needed to ensure high quality coverage.
- Remarkets renewals as needed.
- Assists clients with making coverage changes and completes all service requests for clients. Follow to insure all requested changes are processed correctly by insurers.
- Informs clients of policy changes, exclusions of coverage and insurance coverage needs. Explains coverages and exclusions to clients. Uses every service contact as opportunity to review and market appropriate coverage.
- Handles direct-billed “walk-in” payments. Verifies coverage status processes, as appropriate. Provides receipt, upload payments to insurers as needed and make appropriate accounting entries.
- Generates documents and produces correspondence to satisfy client service requests or to provide automated information, as needed by client.
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals, using computerized system.
- Assists clients in submitting first reports of claims. Follow up on claims status to keep insureds informed and to work toward settlement of claims.
- Maintains orderly electronic files and information, following agency standards.
- Verifies accuracy and coverage adequacy of policies. Requests changes to correct errors and follows up.
- Surveys insureds’ loss exposures and recommends coverage at every service opportunity.
- Processes incoming mail, fax and email requests and respond promptly and appropriately.
- Verifies accuracy of all direct bill cancellation notices, and takes appropriate action.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, coverages, and technology to continuously improve knowledge and stay current.
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills; cooperates positively and provides information and guidance, as needed, to contribute to the business efforts of the agency.
- Maintains and updates technical manuals, and understands its use to perform technical tasks and expedite customer service requests.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned by agency management.
- College education or equivalent insurance experience desired.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information, and respond appropriately.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication and interpret abstract information.
- Property & Casualty license required, Life and Health License may be needed.
- Full knowledge of insurance products and usages.
- Adequate knowledge of rating procedures, coverages and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain and underwrite assigned client and prospect lists.
- Full knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with concrete and abstract variables.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, and to accurately perform simple calculations involving decimals and fractions.
- Ability to utilize computer programs and understand functionality.
- Ability to perform 70% sedentary work, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and exert negligible force frequently or constantly to move objects, including the body. May be asked to exert up to 20 pounds of force periodically, as needed.
- Field of vision must be adequate to observe up and down or right to left while eyes are fixed on a given point.
- Ability to process written and other materials visually.
- Physical efforts required include repetitive small motor activity, grasping, verbally communicating detailed and important information to others quickly and accurately, stooping, reaching, standing, lifting light objects under ten pounds frequently, and climbing occasionally.
- Requires ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, perceiving the nature of sounds with no less than a 40 dB loss at 500 Hz, 1000 Hz, and 2000 Hz without correction.
- Multiple steps in complex systems performed with accuracy is essential to the successful completion of tasks.
- This job description is intended to describe the normal level of work required by the person performing the work. The principal duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties. Other duties may be assigned as needs arise, or as required.
- This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change. Any written contractual agreements supersede this job description. All requirements may be modified reasonably to accommodate physically or mentally challenged staff members.
- Submit a resume and letter of interest to Jerry Kennedy, via
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to PO Box 69, Grand Coulee WA 99133
- Potential applicants are also welcome to call (509) 633-0410 for more information.